- Take rest for 5 minutes after a walk of 10 minutes during the climb.
- Use the traditional path – Marakoottam, Saramkuthy, Nadapanthal – to reach Sannidhanam.
- Follow the queue system to reach Pathinettampadi.
- Use the Nadapanthal fly over for return journey.
- Use toilets and latrines for urination and bowel clearance.
- Ascertain the prevailing crowd situation and then only proceed to Sannidhanam from Pampa.
- While using Dolly, make payment only at the Devaswom counter and keep the receipt.
- Subject yourself for security check at security check points.
- Approach police for any help.
- Inform police about any suspicious characters.
- Buy edible items from licensed outlets only.
- Keep Pampa, Sannidhanam and the trekking paths clean.
- Park vehicles only at the allotted parkig slots.
- Deposit waste in the waste boxes only.
- Avail the facilities of medical centers and oxygen parlours if needed.
- Identification cards with address and contact numbers to be hung on the neck of children, aged and malikapurams.
- In case of isolation from groups /friends devotees may report at police aid posts.
- Do not use mobile phones at the temple premises.
- Do not smoke at Pampa, Sannidhanam and enroute.
- Do not consume alcohol or dugs.
- Do not jump the queue.
- Do not rush while in the queue.
- Do not carry weapons or other explosives substances.
- Do not entertain unauthorized vendors.
- Do not urinate outside toilets and clear bowels outside latrines.
- Do not make extra payment for any service.
- Do not hesitate to approach police for any help.
- Do not throw waste anywhere other than the waste bins.
- Do not break coconuts on the Pathinetampadi.
- Do not break coconuts anywhere other than on designated places on both sides of Pathinettampadi.
- Do not kneel at Pathinetampadi while climbing the holy steps.
- Do not use any path other than Nadapanthal flyover for return journey.
- Do not rest anywhere at Upper Thirumuttam or Thanthrinada.
- Do not use pathways for viris at Nadapanthal and lower Thirumuttam.
- Fire crackers are prohibited
- Weapons are not allowed.
- Cooking Gas, Stoves etc should not be used at Sannidhanam.
- Fire if lighted should be put out immediately after use.
- Subject yourself and your baggages for security check before climbing Pathinettampadi.
© I&PRD 2009
Information and Public Relations Department,Government Secretariat,Thiruvananthapuram-695 001.